Thursday, February 19, 2015

Reunion Dinner and a sock

Its Chinese New Year, again. 

I always look forward to this simple feast prepared by my mom and my house helper. We're the kind of family that never really eat together everyday or even at all, so coming together to eat feels nice...sort of. I'm not very traditional as well, I mean, we don't have much family here in Singapore...so theres not a lot of people to visit. Its more like a time to just hang out as a family and sleep and eat a lot. Also, lots of shops are closed because everyone is celebrating Chinese New Year. So theres really nothing much to do this week...I shall catch up on my reading and embroidery. I've stocked up on my favourite Meiji Coconut Yogurt so I can stay at home for the rest of the week. NO PROBLEM. 



Happy Chinese New Year to you!
Huat ah~~~~~

Btw as I was ending this post I suddenly remembered my dream from last night. I think the tension between me and my parents is building up to the point where I dreamt that I shouted at them "I WISH I WAS NEVER BORN" and then in an instant, I turned into a sock. A screaming sock. So I woke up screaming. But actually socks can't scream. So ... what a weird dream.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Teresa! Happy Chinese New Year to you! I just wanna tell you that I've recently been reading your blog, and I really love how introspective you are in your posts. Thank you for being you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kifa,
      thank you for your kind words! :) happy cny to you too! xx

      Delete