Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Lessons from Anne. (and also a review)


I slept so much today. 

I woke up at 9am and then I just stayed in bed until 11am because I decided that I was hungry. But there was no food at home, I crawled back into bed to sleep. You might think 'What a lazy girl you are', but I must add that I am not usually like this. I am usually up and about busy with work or making this, painting that, sewing this, drawing that. I seem to have lost it for awhile, but pardon me while I push through this envelope of blues. 

I decided since I have time away from work, I should finish reading Anne Frank. And I have to say that it inspired me so much and it kind of lifted my negative spirits away for a moment. I was truly truly inspired and absolutely moved by her words and thoughts. To think they were written without an audience makes it even much more genuine and personal. Yknow, thats the thing about blogging...somehow you write because of an audience. True enough, I started this blog because I wanted to get my work out there...but then as time goes by I begin to feel like its an outlet of expression for thoughts, feelings, even stories and crazy talk...I don't know, I feel so crazy sometimes its like I want to write everything down so that if someone happens to feel the same way as me, he/she will know that they're not alone. 

In a society now where people puts up false or altered images of themselves or their lives on social media to paint a picture of perfection, its dangerous. I say this because many will constantly feel like they fall below expectation of the "perfect life". Like "omg she has so many friends, i bet she's never lonely like I am, my life sucks." or "omg she has the perfect body and she's a model, I'm sure her life is perfect, my life sucks." I'm sure you know what I mean when you scroll through someone's social media and then you feel this pang in your heart like "why isn't my life like that, omg I'm such a loser, what am I doing here." I don't know how I digressed to this, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to steer away from that false pretence, I mean, the whole point of having a blog is to be real right? And it sucks to be me now because as you already know, I am in the middle of a depression. 

SO.

I shall leave you with some quotes from Anne frank. Maybe they'll inspire you as well. :) 

-


"Can you tell me why people go to such lengths to hide their real selves? Or why I always behave very differently when I'm in the company of others? Why do people have so little trust in one another? I know there must be a reason, but sometimes I think its horrible that you can't ever confide in anyone, not even those closest to you." - Anne Frank 


"The best remedy for those who are frightened, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere they can be alone, alone with the sky, nature and God. For then and only then can you feel that everything is as it should be and that God wants people to be happy amid nature's beauty and simplicity. " -Anne Frank 


"Riches, prestige, everything can be lost. But the happiness in your own heart can only be dimmed; it will always be there, as long as you live, to make you happy again." - Anne Frank 


"Whenever you're feeling lonely or sad, try going to the loft on a beautiful day and looking outside. Not at the houses and the rooftops, but at the sky. As long as you can look fearlessly at the sky, you'll know that you're pure within and will find happiness once more."- Anne Frank 

No comments:

Post a Comment