Thursday, October 2, 2014

Where your treasure is




Walking along Barker road makes me extremely curious and inspired. I mean, HAVE YOU SEEN THE HOUSES THERE? The last picture is not even a house, it's a castle. It even has a tree house at the back.

Yknow sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in riches and big houses and luxury and just living the good life. I mean, my life now is not terrible, I live very comfortably but then I see these things and I'm like omggggg that house tho. What's it like to come home to a house like that, what's it like to drive a fancy car, what's it like to spend 800 on a dress? Then I get consumed in my thoughts and just roll my eyes upwards and let out a long sigh. 

But then I remember my parents always telling me to count my blessings. I have enough. I do. I should always remember that. Do not chase riches, always be contented with your life :) just a gentle reminder to anyone who's reading this :)  so........... I shall end with this post with a verse that goes like: 

Matthew 6:19-21
19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment