I've been reading this book called The Pillow Book and its amazing. I love it so much. Its written So so so so long ago but it has lots of verses and observations and lists that are applicable in today's world. For an example:
Things That Give a Clean Feeling
- An earthen cup. A new metal bowl.
- A rush mat.
- The play of the light on water as one pours it into a vessel.
- A new wooden chest.
Sei Shonagon writes stuff like that and I find it extremely inspiring. I was out having drinks with a group of friends and it was such a fun time laughing and talking. As I distanced myself from my physical self being happy, I started making a list in my head.
Things that makes me happy
- Genuine laughter.
- When someone leans their head on my shoulder.
- Crispy Chicken wings.
- Playing a piano/violin duet.
- Reading a book I can relate to.
- Receiving letters.
- When my mother is happy.
- A nice smelling comfy bed to come home to.
Lol, totally less poetic compared to Shonagon. I was probably the only person in Harry's in that moment tonight who has ever recalled Shonagon while getting high on....snowball ( a super weak drink btw)
What makes you happy? Lets create a list of things that make you happy and lets draw it out~ OK LETS GO~