Tuesday, June 2, 2015

On Free will

I don't know the difference between what I want and what I'm trained to want.
I can't tell what I really want and what I've been trained into wanting.

What i'm talking about is free will. Do we have it or does God dictate and script everything we do and say and want? Do we have free will or do the mass media and our culture control us, our desires and actions, from the moment we are born. Do I have it, or is my mind under the control of a spell? Do I really want a big house, a fast cars and lots of money? Do I really want these things? Or am I trained to want them? Are these things better than the things I already have? Or am I just trained to be dissatisfied with what I have now? Am I just under a spell that says nothing is ever good enough?

If you have no free will, you don't really know what you know. You don't really love who you think you love. What do you have left to live for?

"I say I love you, but I don't want to be used anymore"

1 comment:

  1. do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind........ yes, this world does want to put you under its spell, but through faith in Christ Jesus He sets the captives free. free from the lies. freedom to be who He created you to be. See, He made you creative, you have the free will to create what you want, and this is merely one example. if you have Christ, you have freedom. It is the worldly system that says, be this, listen to this, do that, but if you look at how diverse God's creation is and you look to His word you will see that He simply says, be with Me, short, tall, poor, rich, artistically talented, analytical, etc etc etc! so my beloved theresa, be yourself in His presence, curl up in His most loving arms and feel the security which is yours only in Christ. Be encouraged!

    ReplyDelete