Tuesday, April 19, 2016

NO toby.


Does my shadow know how hot it is today? It says hi anyway. 

Scene 1: Sengkang, Singapore.

I've never taken the LRT in Sengkang before. I got lost and had 10 mins to get to my destination but all I could think of was how intense my craving for almonds and raisins were. Also because the weather was super hot today, almost 37 degrees, I kept thinking about the slimy texture of a piece of ice cold salmon sashimi, and just that thought alone... somehow cooled me down. But anyway, I noticed also how close the HDB blocks were to the LRT stations. How nice it would be to have a balcony and just watch the trains go by...thinking about the people it ferries from one end to the other, and their stories.

Anyway back to being lost in my own country, a slightly disoriented woman came up to me to ask for directions, but she didnt speak english...she just held out a card with an address and looked at me with blank eyes. I got a shock and my first response was to just wave her away and say I dont know...but its actually true, I really didnt know! So I explained to her that I was also lost and I dont know which train to take as well, but she kept pointing to the card with the address. I was like, oh shit oh shit, woman I want to help you but I'm late and I'm kinda lost too. But anyway, I tried making sense of the situation by checking google maps, but as I was doing so...another kind stranger came over to help her. So yay, reward myself with a sip of water. 

And then, I felt someone tap my shoulder again, so I got another shock. Yes it seems that I keep getting shocks. I'm like a bat in so many ways. I try to look scary but am easily startled, I eat fruit and not forgetting that I have bad eyesight. But anyway, she just said something like " omg hi i love your works, I'm one of your followers on ig " which was very nice. Thank you~~ Im so sorry I was in such a rush, thanks for pointing me in the right direction anyway, and it was very nice to meet you too! I forgot if we shook hands and I dont know if you read my blog but I just wanted to tell you this! 



Scene 2 : White Cat

Rush rush rush rush rush. 
Had 10 mins to calm down and have a quick bite (which was banana cake + yuzu lemon) before the next thing on my calender. White cat came along and watched me eat. I tried to connect with it, like send out some kind of brain waves that says " I am your friend. Come sit with me" and then the next thing... 

it leaped onto the chair next to me! hhAHAHAHAHHAhahahaha. 

So I spent lunch talking to the white cat, whom I'm going to name Toby. We kept meowing to each other, I was receiving weird looks from a grandma that was strolling by slowly. Toby doesnt mind so I dont mind. I asked toby what his day was like. He said it was super chill, they were doing some fogging around the area, so there were lots of pests that turned up from the rubbish chutes. And on Cat News Sg, the highlight is still about some cat killer who killed cats and left their bodies out in the open...like some kind of sick message. 

so whats my day like, Toby asked.

dear toby,

first of all, meow. 

my day in human world kinda sucks. I dont know what I want anymore. You know how sometimes you like to eat fish and then some days you wanna chase mice? Humans are the same too I guess. I'd rather be having this brain wave conversation with you than be on my phone. Its like, the world is so noisy, full of people and their expectations of you and commitments. I dont want to feel obligated to do certain things and then feel bad because I said no. Whats wrong with saying no? No just means NO. Why do people keep asking again and again as if to say that I dont know what I want and my No might mean yes maybe... and when I say NO they get all defensive and say whoa whoa whoa lol chill its alright dont need to get all uptight. I dont understand why I feel bad saying no

anyway, so I was playing with Toby's ears and stroked his back and then he bit me.

I guess he meant that as a lesson on 'NO' for me.

Thanks Toby. You've taught me well.



No comments:

Post a Comment