Saturday, November 21, 2015

Gifts

When I was about 10, I received a call from NKF (National Kidney Foundation) after a health check up in school. I was in the toilet when the call came through so I didn't actually talk to them, but my helper told me I had a call from NKF. And being paranoid me as usual, I spent the next few days in paranoia thinking that I had something wrong with my kidneys. I thought I had kidney failure or something bad from the health check up in school. I remember going to the windows and just looking out at the kids playing soccer in the field opposite my house and thinking "they're so lucky to be alive and well." I was so convinced that I was going to die hahahahhaa. 

But I thought about it during the week amidst all the chaos happening in the world, each day is really a Gift. After reading all these shared Facebook statuses about the Parisians who survived the attack, I realised that life is so precious and fragile...here today, gone tomorrow. Really puts things into perspective for me. One of them wrote something along the lines of when she thought she was going to die, there was no anger, no hatred, just whispering I love you to every of her loved ones in her head. She just wanted to let everyone close to her know that she loved them. 

I'm scared no doubt, that something like that might happen close to home. So i'm going to live like today's my last day. If I wake up tomorrow, I'll be super glad that I have another day with my loved ones and friends. I think that'll be an amazing way to live life, everything will be put into perspective and small petty things wont matter as much anymore. 

But if today's my last day, or if I'm going to live like that...it means that I have to eat chicken nuggets everyday too. Dilemma. 


No comments:

Post a Comment